WE NEED A CLIMATE CHANGE
I have to be honest. The political climate today disgusts me. It grieves me. It makes me ashamed of the state of our nation. The slander, lies, mean spirited, vicious, angry attitude of candidates on both sides is sinful. I’m ready to vote for “none of the above.”
I have never endorsed a candidate, ever. I won’t today. I don’t believe everyone who says they are a Christian. Jesus said by their fruit you will know them. By the fruit of some of these candidates, I’d say they are the products of a crab apple tree. Their fruit is certainly bitter.
I’ve never seen so much pandering to Evangelicals. We must be the dumbest people on the planet. We believe without discernment. The same reason there is doctrinal error in the church is the reason we have lack of discernment in who we support in politics. We lack foundational truth. We lack character and most of all, we lack discernment. We are seemingly clueless regarding what is needed in a leader.
Don’t tell me who you are against, tell me what you are for. Don’t tell me it’s broke, show me how you’re going to fix it. We expect that from our doctors, dentists and mechanics, why not national leaders? Doctors, dentists and mechanics are specific as to the problem and how to fix it. Why can’t a politician be that way? I’m in the no spin zone.
What are we teaching our children? It’s not good. It’s harmful and damaging to the future of our land. The candidates on both sides are teaching our kids ungodly attributes.
● Say whatever you have to say to get elected. Which translates into, say whatever you have to say to get ahead.
● The way to get on top is by character assassination. Be a name caller. Spend money on ads or do it freely on social media and sling as much mud as possible.
● You can say whatever you want but you don’t have to mean it. You can lie your way to the top. You can cheat your way to the top.
● Bend the rules, work the system and you’ll be able to stand on the carcass of a once great nation.
● Statesmanship is not longer essential in politics. You just need money and a lot of mud.
● Promise people the moon and when elected give them a moon pie.
● Tell people that there are no sacrifices in life. Someone else will pay for everything. This is why adult children live at home, don’t pay their bills and won’t get a job. But who cares, it’s a “free” country right?
● Don’t live in a world of black and white, right and wrong. Make everything dingy grey. Forget foundational truths. Bend the rules, break the rules. Whatever it takes to get ahead, do it.
That may be what you want. It’s not what I want in a leader, a nation or a church. If we don’t get back to the basics, we are sunk. America is a non-prophet society. We need preachers and church members to stop kissing up to politicians and start crying out to the Holy God of heaven who is our only hope.